We have grown steadily over the past seven years and are looking for versatile writers capable of tackling subjects ranging from public health to engineering, diversity & inclusion, business skills, and more.
As a Learning Specialist, you will write scripts for training videos, e-learning, facilitator and participant guides for instructor-led training, job aids and related content (you can find examples in the “services” section of our website). While learning industry experience is helpful, it is not necessary; experience in marketing/advertising, technical writing, academic research, or other types of writing should be transferable.
This is a 100% virtual, term-of-project role with the possibility of growing into a regular part-time or even full-time position.
Responsibilities / Outcomes Delivered
- Review source material provided by clients (e.g., whitepapers, web pages, books, old training slides, etc.) and translate it into well-organized, easy-to-follow training materials.
- Conduct interviews with client subject matter experts to better understand our audience and the tasks we are training them to perform.
- Follow Sonata Learning’s guidelines and templates to write outlines, scripts, slide bullet points and other types of copy for client training programs.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, animators, audio engineers, and provide guidance on how the content of the scripts can be translated to different media.
- Ensure tasks are completed within the allotted hours, by the established deadline, according to project specifications.
- Occasionally proofread/edit other writers’ work.